Home > Winter > Backcountry Skiing >
Day Ski Touring Guiding in Revelstoke and Rogers Pass
There are very few places on earth where one can ski powder from the glaciated high alpine down through treeline and into perfectly gladed forests. Our day ski tours are run in Rogers Pass or other ski touring venues near Revelstoke.
All of our ski tours are led by highly experienced and certified local ski guides. Our guides are always happy to share their knowledge of terrain and avalanche phenomena so a tour with us can be a learning experience.
$450.00 per day + HST for one or two people ($60.00 per day + HST for each additional person)
Participants should possess at least intermediate skiing or boarding skills.
This means being able to make basic parallel turns in most conditions and terrain and at least being able to kick turn and sidestep away from terrain that is “over your head”.
The days objective will be selected depending on weather, avalanche conditons and group preference. Rogers Pass or many other local touring venues are likely destinations.
- Backpack* - 30 to 40 litre, if snowboarding then it must have a system to hold your snowboard and snowshoes
- Skis, boots, poles, skins, avalanche beacon, shovel and probe*
- Gore-Tex jacket or similar
- Pants - suitable for touring up
- Warm clothing- fleece jacket
- Warm hat
- sun hat, light weight - ball cap
- Sunglasses and Goggles
- 2 pairs gloves/mitts, a light weight pair for touring up and a warmer pair
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- 1st aid - limited to personal medications (epinepherine if you have allergies) (your guide will have a 1st aid kit) etc.
- Misc. personal items - camera
- water bottles and/or thermos, 1 - 2 litres
- lunch and snacks
*Skiis, boots, skins, pack, beacon, shovel and probe can all be rented locally. Contact us for pricing and to reserve these items.
Food , accommodation, transportation, personal clothing and equipment, avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel, park passes.
Our day ski touring programs are available for individuals or groups of up to 8 guests per guide.
Booking Cancelation, Terms and Conditions
The details and the fine print can be viewed on our Booking Policy Page.
To book a trip or if you have any questions please call our office at 1 877 837 7141 or email us.